I decided to make a all-around rig that can do casual gaming (that means not really care about the graphic of the game), office work, web browsing and video conversion. Why I did not want to make a 4k rig? It's because i think that 4k is a bit too much for the standard of most family in Malaysia. Besides, getting a 4k rig doesn't mean that it's value never change....let's say 3k rig would not be so hurt in both your heart and pocket when you see the price drop on hardware.....
Well, here it is.....3k rig of the month (price list taken from pc-zone):
- CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9550 2.2GHz - RM 460
- RAM: 2GB DDR2 800MHz * 2 - RM 240
- HDD: Western Digital 640GB SATA - RM 255
- Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H - RM 310
- Graphic Card: Gainward HD3870 512MB DDR3 - RM350
- Optical Drive: LG DVDRW 20X SATA (H80N) - RM 90
- Monitor: Acer 19" LCD (X193W) - RM 585
- Speaker: Edifier M1350 2.1 - RM 80
- PSU: HEC Ace power 480W - RM290
- Casing: Lian-Li PC-7 - RM 220 (Get it from ATE)
Total Amount : RM 2880
And that leaves around RM 120 for your other accessories such as keyboard or webcam~~ But i doubt you can get both.
Anyway....Let me explain the reason I recommend the components :
- I think the phenom x4 performs quite well for it's price compared to Intel C2Q Q6600 (last time i checked it's rm 620). Here it says that phenom 9600 would be about 14% slower than Q6600. 9600 and 9550 have difference of 100 MHz so let just assume it is 16% slower than Q6600. As of now Q6600 is priced 34% more than 9550. So which 1 do you think is more value for $$?
- RAM prices are getting cheap so I think you should get the most out of 3k. I use Kingston because it's cheap...and RAM doesn't affect performance significantly as CPU.Since the RAM is 4gb I guess you would have to get vista 64 bit to use all the RAM.
- HDD price are getting low and you can get more space out of your money. I choose that WD 640GB cause it offer the best price/space ratio (RM 0.39/1GB).
- Most reviews says that it's a good mb and it's got onboard gc...quite useful when ur GC suddenly broke down, plus , it also saves electricity by powering down your gc and shift the load to the IGP (integrated graphic processor a.k.a. onboard gc) when your in the windows doing task that doesn't need gc (such as web browsing or office task).
- You read it right.....it's DDR3 not DDR4....personally i don't think that's much of an impact on performance though (please correct me if i'm wrong~) and it's very cheap at rm 350 only.
- With that GC I guess you can only play at that monitor resolution(1440*900) though......but with all the eye candys~
- This psu should provide enough juice to power up your computer......it got 4 sata power port to boot also.
- I recommend the Lian Li PC-7 cause it's made of aluminium. Yup...ALUMINIUM. Better heat dissipation, lighter compared to stainless steel. So you don't have to worry too much about the heat inside yout PC.
Hope you all like my recommendation. Please comment if your got diferrent view.