Thursday, February 19, 2009

My ignorance on Netbooks

Last few weeks I posted "my thoughts on netbooks", and I says that they are the closest thing to rubbish. Oh well...I think I will have to eat my words then, because I'm gonna get myself a netbook! I have been looking at Acer Aspire One D150 and I think the specs should be good enough for programming Python, C++ , VB.Net and etc.

I know I'm gonna be laughed for thinking that a netbook can be use for programming stuff, but hell with it. After reading Kamigoroshi comment, and I thought,  a 1.2GHz Pentium-M can do programming, why can't the 1.6GHz Atom cpu do it? With this in mind, I'm gonna get a netbook, and save more $$ to upgrade my desktop, so that my desktop can always play the latest games :)

Once I get my netbook, I'm gonna ditch XP Home in favour of Ubuntu, as I have been eager to use it and it's also suitable for low-end hardware too. Just hope that everything works. My desktop can't waste it's space on Ubuntu as it is a gaming machine and I also don't want my brother to get all grumpy for installing "useless" things.

Now let's just hope that I won't change my mind...yet.

No comments: